OUR HISTORY

 

CROSSROADS MINISTRIES

The formation of Crossroads Ministries goes back as far as 1950. Officially, the year is indicated as 1954 and was then known as the St. Paul Council of Evangelical Churches. Its formation grew out of a concern for better materials to be used in Released Time Bible Education classes in public schools, as well as a concern for the lack of religious emphasis at the annual State Fair. Several local St. Paul churches banded together to form the new association and get it on its feet.

CROSSROADS CHAPEL

The Crossroads Chapel has influenced people at the Minnesota State Fair with the good news of Jesus Christ for over 60 years.

 

1954 The Crossroads Chapel started in a tent showing Christian films, holding Sunday services and serving refreshments.

 

1962 The ministry built a small structure where the current Education building now stands.

 

1986 We were re-located to a pre-World War II Quonset hut at 1311 Underwood Ave. This old hut was used for the glory of Christ for 25 years.

 

2011 After several years of praying for the future of the ministry, God opened the doors for Crossroads Chapel to move to a larger building. Our newest location is one block north of Dan Patch at 1362 Underwood Ave. We are next to the Kidway.

 

Over the years, through multiple music formats, live radio broadcasts, quiet conversation, Sunday services, kids crafts, puppets, hymn sings, ministry fairs and much more, we have striven to build up the body of Christ and draw those to Jesus who do not yet know Him. Though much has changed, our message has remained the same:
'Pointing the Way to Christ'

 

The ministry started with volunteers and today still is run mostly by volunteers. They donate their time to minister to the thousands who visit the chapel each year. Today, thousands of people from young to old are ministered to each year during the Minnesota State Fair.

All Rights Reserved © 1954-2019 Crossroads Chapel

  • instagram_white